I, Sarah Cargill, am solely responsible for the content published to this blog. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
- The opinions expressed here do not reflect or represent the opinions of my employer, its clients or its affiliates.
- I do not intend to cause harm, injure, defame or libel others.
- I am not responsible and not will be held accountable for the comments posted to this blog.
- This blog is subject to change over time and I will make an effort to update information for the best to-date accuracy.
The Blog Disclaimer is subject to change at any time.
Blog Code of Ethics
Below I have adapted the Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics and Charlene Li’s post on “Blogging Policy Examples” for my personal Code of Ethics while blogging on SARAHCARGILL.com:
I believe in writing conscientiously, adding to the discussion, and covering topics thoroughly and honestly. In an effort to blog with integrity, I will:
- Tell the truth
- Cite my sources
- Write with accuracy
- Current mistakes or misleading information
- Disclose any conflicts of interest
- Keep proprietary topics private
In an effort to minimize harm, I will:
- Disagree with others respectfully
- Show compassion for those who may be effected by my posts
- Be sensitive when discussing others
- Show good taste
- Be judicious
- Be cautious
In an effort to be accountable, I will:
- Invite dialogue over my posts
- Encourage others to voice their opinions
- Abide by the same high standards I hold others
- I will not sell or give away any user’s email address or personal information collected from subscriptions to or comments on SARAHCARGILL.com.
- I may personally contact individuals who subscribe to or comment on SARAHCARGILL.com.
- SARAHCARGILL.com, while not explicit in content, is intended for readers over 18 years or older.
- I may collect information on the number of viewers that visit SARAHCARGILL.com and share it with advertisers.
- I am not responsible for the Privacy Policies of any sites I may link to on blog posts or pages.
Blog Creative Commons
All written work on SARAHCARGILL.com or www.sarahcargill.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License by Sarah Cargill.
Blog Comment Policy
I encourage conversation, feedback and comments on SARAHCARGILL.com, yet reserve the right to:
- Delete comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the topic.
- Delete comments that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to meet the requirements of this Blog Comment Policy.
- Delete comments that include profanity or language and concepts that could be deemed offensive.
- Delete comments that personally attack an individual or group of individuals.
- Edit comments for spelling, grammatical or factual errors.
- Delete any comments posted on the blog, without notice, regardless of whether or not such communications violate the above standards.
Blog Guest Posting Policy
On SARAHCARGILL.com, I welcome guest blog posts! You don’t have to be an established blogger or writer to write a guest post. You just need to have something interesting to contribute!
If you’re interested in guest posting, I have just a few requirements:
- Write a blog article in 1,000 words or less
- Write a brief personal biography in 100 words or less
- Submit one medium-sized, quality photo for the main image
- Use proper spelling and grammar
- Provide new content that hasn’t already been posted on SARAHCARGILL.com
- Give credit and site content where necessary
- Disclose any conflicts of interest
Once you’ve submitted a completed article, I will publish the blog post myself. Are you interested? Contact me »
Blog PR Policy
I welcome the opportunity to learn more about social media and business tools that may provide value to my work and blog audience. I will participate in the following exchanges with companies in order to provide increased exposure to a brand or product:
- Test new tools
- Pilot software programs
- Host free giveaways
- Write a product or service review
- Run a campaign
- Post advertisements
Please send requests that are related to my blog, its content and its readers. I do not guarantee coverage of any company, product or brand upon receiving a gift, giveaway or service.
In an effort to be transparent with my readers, I will provide full disclosure of any gifts, giveaways or services I may receive in exchange for coverage on my blog. I will disclose this in the text of the blog post.
I have limited space available for website sponsorships or advertising. Please contact me directly for details.